People find out about something that I believe (or do), and rather than ask me honestly about it, hear me out, or engage in discussion, they pigeon-hole me into a group of people that they better understand (they think). I think most people feel this way at some point, and that’s why these things have been spreading pretty quickly all over the internet:
SO, here is a list of some stuff I believe, just for fun. What group do you think people automatically put me in?
And Here We Go…
- I believe that marijuana (along with all currently illegal substances) should be decriminalized.
- I believe that the government has no right at all to define marriage as between a man and a woman.
- I believe that America is quickly moving toward a fascist state.
- I believe that spanking my children is ok.
- I believe abortion is a crime.
- I believe that the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 should be done away with.
- I believe that everyone should be able to own a gun.
- I believe that the minimum wage is one of the worst things for our country.
- I believe that a higher tax rate for richer people/bigger corporations is detrimental.
I believe a lot more things, too. This was just fun for a game, and meant to put a nice little break on the intensifying conversation of my previous entry. Go there if you dare.
As always, reply openly and honestly. I won’t delete your responses. I hope that you are nice and respectful, but that doesn’t come easy to everyone. I also hope that we don’t miss your point because you’re hiding behind political correctness…
Maybe you know where the balance is there.
Thanks for reading.